The eCP is an automated system used to electronically approve submitted plans by architects through its online portal. Architects are able to submit their their building proposals through the eCP system for the approvers based at the Nairobi City Council to review and approve. More details available here.
Detailed information on the eConstruction Permit system is available here.
E-CP is an automated system used to electronically approve submitted plans by architects through the portal. Architects are able to submit their drawings through the system for the approvers based at the Nairobi City Council to electronically approve the building proposals.
- Ownership documents
- Council Rate Receipts
- Survey Plan/RIM/Beacon Certificate
- Copy of Approved Plans
A Certificate of Occupancy is a document issued by a local government agency or building department certifying a building's compliance with applicable building codes and other laws, and indicating it to be in a condition suitable for occupancy.
- The Reviewers can access the application and make comments at the same time.
- The reviewers can access the application one at a time and in a structured way. The application moves from one reviewer to the next in a sequential manner until it is approved by all the reviewers who are supposed to view the application.
- Development Control
- Forward Planning
- Fire Protection
- Housing Development
- Public Health (MOH)
- Nairobi Water and Sewerage Company
- Kenya Railways
- Monitoring & Enforcement
As the application goes through the reviewers, the system tabulates the application as a percentage as it goes through to the next reviewer. When all the reviewers have commented on the application then the systems marks it as 100%.Meaning that all the reviewers have gone through the application and made comments on the comment sheet.
If a circulation is not successful then the application is rejected and the user of the application is notified of its status.
Once an application has been submitted by a reviewer with comments, he/she cannot edit the application. The reviewer can only be able to view the application without editing on the comment sheet.
Applications in construction permit can be uploaded either as .pdf, .mpeg .doc, .txt and others except for .exe, .bat, and other file types that pose a threat to online systems.
The system is able to select another reviewer in the same department to review the application. Delays are thus avoided in approving or rejecting a submitted application.
- Click on “sign in”
- Below you will see a link “forgot password”. Click the link.
- Type the “username” or “email address” you used during the initial registration process.
- An email will be sent to your inbox where you will find a link. Click on the link and reset the password.
- You have successfully reset the password. Use the new username and password to log into the system.
Download and read this manual: How to apply for a structural certificate (PDF)